If you want to lose weight or build strength and going to the gym isn’t your thing, then a full-body exercise that you can do at home will help you to achieve your fitness goals.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to have a gym membership or a personal trainer to achieve your fitness goals.
You can burn fat at home with effective workouts that you do every day. It is possible to build muscle without joining a bunch of people in front of a mirror who grunt every time they lift some weights.
Start doing this basic full-body workout at home, and you will start to see results in three weeks or less.
Grab Some Dumbbells and Start These Exercises
1. Start your workout session by doing chest presses. Lift your dumbbells over your chest so that it looks like you’re creating a “U” shape with your arms as you lift. Try to get at least three sets in with a minimum of eight reps per set.
2. Then do the one-arm row. Place your left foot on a platform, then press your left hand on your upper thigh. Hold a dumbbell in the right hand, then tip forward, making sure to keep your abs in and back flat. Bend elbow in a rowing motion for the same number of sets/reps in the first exercise.
3. Now you get to do the overhead press. Stand with your feet a comfortable distance apart while keeping them in line with your hips. Then press the dumbbells overhead as you keep your abs braced without arching your back.
4. Hammer curls are the next step to follow. Hold the weights in both hands, with your palms facing in, and then lift the right foot off the ground. Stay in this position as long as you can. Then repeat with the left leg. Try to avoid swinging the weights whenever possible.
5. Kickbacks will help you to work your triceps during this whole-body workout. Bend at your waist, ensuring your abs stay engaged while your back remains flat. As you hold this position, straighten your arms and squeeze those tricep muscles.
6. Deadlifts can be a challenge to do correctly at home, so make sure that you keep to the correct form with your back to prevent an injury. Stand with your feet about a hip-width apart. Then hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs. Begin to tip from the hips as you lean toward the floor, keeping your shoulders and back flat. Then return to the beginning to complete a rep.
7. You cannot ignore squats if you want to be strong from an at-home workout. Hold the dumbbells in each hand, standing in a comfortable position. Then bend your legs, lowering into a squat, ensuring that your knees stay behind your toes. Go as low as you can. Then push back toward your starting position to repeat.
Working out at home can save you plenty of money. It keeps you in your comfort zone if you have the self-discipline to keep working out each day. Follow these exercises, and you’ll enjoy a whole-body workout experience.